Bill Russell healing after procedure
Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell recently underwent a heart procedure, but is feeling well and is hoping to be back in Boston in late October, according to his business manager Stuart Layne.
Celtics vice president of media relations/alumni relations Jeff Twiss spoke with Layne on Monday and relayed that Russell is on the road to recovery.
Former New York Post columnist Peter Vecsey Tweeted on Monday that Russell underwent two heart procedures that left him unable to travel from Seattle for a golf event in Long Island.
Layne noted that Russell is up and about and feeling better each day.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Boston Celtics Applique Banner Flag