Elliot Williams has torn left Achilles
No date for the surgery has been set. A timetable for his return will be established once he has the procedure.
The Blazers say Williams tore the tendon Tuesday during a voluntary workout at the team's practice facility.
Williams missed his rookie season in 2010-11 after surgery on both knees. Last season, he averaged 3.7 points in 24 games before a shoulder injury that required surgery on March 30.
The 6-foot-5, 183-pound guard was the 22nd overall pick of the 2010 draft out of Memphis.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
- Pacers crush Rockets to snap 2-game slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' Portland Trail Blazers Primary Logo Red Long Sleeve Shirt