Jon Brockman expected to be OK
Brockman was hurt Monday while working with an elastic band used for stretching muscles. The band apparently slipped off his foot and the recoil hit Brockman's right eye.
Brockman was treated at a hospital and released Thursday. The injury did not require surgery, and the team said Brockman will be monitored daily by team doctors. The Rockets set no timetable for his return to basketball activities.
The 6-foot-7 Brockman, Washington's career leader in rebounds (1,283), was a second-round pick by Portland (38th overall) in 2009.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Davis (broken hand) back in Pelicans' lineup
- Knicks' Chandler returns, starts vs. Bucks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Rawlings Houston Rockets Game On Polycarbonate Hoop Set