Stephen Curry medically cleared
The announcement by the team Thursday comes after Curry's surgically repaired right ankle was examined again by Dr. Richard Ferkel in Van Nuys, Calif. Curry missed 40 games last season because of repeated problems with his right ankle.
The team said his most recent operation on April 25 was an "exploratory procedure" that "revealed a stable ankle with no structural damage and consisted of cleaning out loose debris and scar tissue."
Curry averaged career lows of 14.7 points, 5.3 assists and 3.4 rebounds last season. The former Davidson star had surgery to repair a tendon in his ankle in the summer of 2011 and never seemed at full speed in the 26 games he played.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron rallies Irving-less Cavs past Magic
- Harden, Smith lead Rockets by Griz in OT
- Dirk into 8th on NBA scoring list, razzes Kobe
- Perfect 10: Dudley can't miss in Bucks rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Youth Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry Blue Graphic T-shirt