Channing Frye out indefinitely
The Suns said Frye has developed a dilated cardiomyopathy, a condition discovered during an echocardiogram by team cardiologist Dr. Tim Byrne.
Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disease of the heart muscle, primarily affecting the left ventricle, which becomes enlarged and can't pump blood to the body with as much force as a healthy heart, according to mayoclinic.com.
Frye signed with Phoenix, his hometown team, in 2009 and has averaged 11.5 points and 5.9 rebounds in three seasons. He averaged 10.5 points and 5.9 rebounds last season.
Frye has also played with Portland and New York during a seven-year NBA career.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Phoenix Suns Goran Dragic #1 Name and Number Orange T-Shirt