Darrell Arthur breaks left leg
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Grizzlies forward Darrell Arthur will be out up to six weeks after breaking the top of the fibula in his left leg preparing for training camp.
The Grizzlies announced the injury Wednesday. Arthur had been practicing with Memphis opening training camp Monday, and the break described as a small, non-displaced fracture in the head of his left fibula was diagnosed after an MRI earlier this week.
Arthur will be evaluated weekly and could return sooner once symptom free. Arthur missed last season after tearing his right Achilles tendon last December. He set a career high averaging 9.1 points in the 2010-11 season.
The Grizzlies also say center Hamed Haddadi will have no restrictions following eight weeks rehabilitating his right thumb after surgery.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Memphis Grizzlies Zach Randolph Replica Revolution 30 Navy Basketball Jersey