Jazz bar Raja Bell from training camp
SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Jazz will not allow disgruntled guard Raja Bell to join the team for training camp even though he remains under contract and they haven't been able to agree on buyout terms.
Utah Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey issued a statement Friday on Bell, who has publicly feuded with coach Tyrone Corbin.
Lindsey says in his statement that he has spoken with Bell's agent and they mutually decided it is in the "best interest" of both sides that he not rejoin the team.
The 35-year-old Bell is set to make $3.5 million this season, his last year under contract with the Jazz.
But he said at the end of last season that he didn't want to play for Utah this year and was critical of Corbin and the organization.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Bulls' Deng, Butler ruled out against Cavaliers
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Utah Jazz CLIMAWARM Navy 3-Stripe Pullover Hoodie