Jazz give Raja Bell a roster spot
SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Jazz will open training camp Tuesday with 19 players on their roster, including disgruntled guard Raja Bell, though the team and his agent have mutually agreed the 35-year-old should not attend.
The team is allotted 20 spots for camp but must trim its roster to 15 before the regular season starts.
Bell is taking up one of those spots. He is scheduled to make $3.5 million in the final year of his contract but has publicly feuded with coach Tyrone Corbin and indicated the relationship had suffered "irreparable damage."
Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey on Friday said the two sides mutually agreed it was in the "best interest" of both parties that Bell not rejoin the team.
Efforts to finalize a buyout have not been successful.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Utah Jazz Official 2013 Draft Day Navy Adjustable Hat