Kyrie Irving nets 13 in scrimmage
Irving scored 13 points and had five assists as his team lost 54-44.
He underwent surgery to repair a fracture in his right hand on July 18, four days after injuring himself while practicing with the Cavaliers' summer league team in Las Vegas. After misfiring on a pass to rookie center Tyler Zeller, the 20-year-old slammed his hand into a padded wall in frustration, breaking the bone on impact.
Irving, the top pick in the 2011 draft out of Duke, was cleared to practice last week when Cleveland opened training camp. He averaged 18.5 points and 5.4 assists in 51 games as a rookie as the Cavaliers went 21-45.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.