Pacers pick up Paul George option
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Pacers want starting swingman Paul George to stick around at least two more seasons.
Team officials announced Monday they have exercised an option that will keep George with the team through the 2013-14 season. Last season, George averaged 12.1 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists, and he's expected to play an even bigger role this season as the Pacers hope to contend for an NBA title.
The Pacers open their season Oct. 31 at Toronto and will play their home opener Nov. 3 against Sacramento.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- 76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'
- Kupchak says Kobe, Lakers on same page
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Pacers Paul George #24 Game Time Navy T-Shirt