DeMar DeRozan gets $40 million deal
DeRozan has agreed to the structure of a deal that would pay him $40 million over the next four years, plus incentives. It is expected the contract will be finalized after the Raptors play the Indiana Pacers in their season opener.
A league source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard the incentive bonuses could push the overall value of the deal to $46 million.
The athletic DeRozan averaged 16.7 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Raptors last season and has been one of the cornerstones of the franchise's rebuilding project over the past two years.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- The Party Animal Toronto Raptors Applique Banner Flag