DeMar DeRozan gets $40 million deal
DeRozan has agreed to the structure of a deal that would pay him $40 million over the next four years, plus incentives. It is expected the contract will be finalized after the Raptors play the Indiana Pacers in their season opener.
A league source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard the incentive bonuses could push the overall value of the deal to $46 million.
The athletic DeRozan averaged 16.7 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Raptors last season and has been one of the cornerstones of the franchise's rebuilding project over the past two years.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
- Young returns to Wolves after mom's death
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.