Manu Ginobili again ruled out
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili was again ruled out for Thursday night's game against Oklahoma City because of a back problem. He could make his season debut this weekend.
Ginobili didn't play in San Antonio's season-opening win Wednesday at New Orleans and missed half the preseason because of back problems. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Ginobili "is really close" but is taking precautions with his 35-year-old star who hasn't practiced for much of the past week.
Popovich said Ginobili could play Saturday against Utah.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth San Antonio Spurs Manu Ginobili #20 Black Gametime T-Shirt