Monty Williams fined $25,000
NEW YORK -- New Orleans Hornets coach Monty Williams was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Tuesday for public comments criticizing the league's concussion policy.
Williams made the comments Saturday night in Chicago before the Hornets faced the Bulls with first overall draft pick Anthony Davis sidelined by a mild concussion.
Williams blasted the NBA's protocols for determining when a player can return from a concussion, saying, "Now, they treat everybody like they have white gloves and pink drawers and it's getting old. It's just the way the league is now."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
- Allen gets hot late, leads Heat over Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New Orleans Pelicans Anthony Davis #23 Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey