Jonas Valanciunas out 4-6 weeks
Valanciunas was battling for a loose ball under the basket when he fell and was hurt during Toronto's 93-90 victory over the Orlando Magic on Dec. 21.
The 7-foot Lithuanian center saw hand specialist Dr. Herb von Schroeder in Toronto on Saturday, but it was determined surgery will not be required.
Valanciunas has started in all 28 games for the Raptors this season, averaging 7.8 points and 5.2 rebounds. He is fourth in the league among rookies in rebounds and blocks per game.
Drafted fifth overall in 2011, Valanciunas played in Lithuania last season before joining the Raptors.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- GameWear Toronto Raptors Team NBA Bracelet