Eric Gordon debuts Saturday
Gordon only played in nine games last season for the Hornets after being acquired in a trade. He had arthroscopic surgery on his knee last season because of a bone bruise.
Coach Monty Williams wouldn't say how many minutes Gordon will play, but says he doesn't plan to reign him in.
"I won't put any restrictions on his ability because he's a guy who can change a game," Williams said.
As for the Bobcats, coach Mike Dunlap says Byron Mullens would not play and is still "long way off" with a left ankle sprain.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Randolph, Griz fend off Knicks to end slide
- Bobcats' Taylor lost with ruptured Achilles
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' New Orleans Pelicans Primary Logo Navy Long Sleeve Shirt