Danny Ferry fined $15K by league
ATLANTA -- Hawks general manager Danny Ferry has been fined $15,000 by the NBA for inappropriate interaction with game officials following Saturday night's game against Boston.
The fine was announced Monday by Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president of basketball operations.
Atlanta led the Celtics by 19 points before losing 89-81. Ferry and the Hawks had no comment Monday.
A person familiar with the incident says Ferry handed the officials a DVD recording of the game. Team officials are supposed to send such materials to the league for review. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details of the incident had not been publically released.
Celtics guard Rajon Rondo was suspended without pay for one game Monday for contact with official Rodney Mott in Saturday's game.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
- Allen gets hot late, leads Heat over Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo Swingman Revolution 30 Kelly Green Basketball Jersey