Kevin Love has surgery on hand
MINNEAPOLIS -- Kevin Love is expected to return sometime in March after undergoing surgery on his broken right hand.
The Minnesota Timberwolves announced Tuesday that Love had the operation to repair the third and fourth metacarpal bones.
The procedure was done by Dr. Michelle Carson at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
Love was hurt during the Jan. 3 game at Denver, after suffering the same injury in a workout at his home on Oct. 17. The two-time All-Star power forward has played in only 18 of Minnesota's 35 games this season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
- LeBron kicks off tour of China with pianist
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Kevin Love #42 Game Time Black T-Shirt