Tim Duncan to miss game vs. Mavs
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and forward Tim Duncan will miss a second straight game after the ailing duo didn't make the trip for Friday night's game at Dallas.
Popovich stayed home sick and Duncan sat on the bench with a sore left knee Wednesday night during San Antonio's 106-102 victory against New Orleans. Longtime assistant coach Mike Budenholzer will again take the helm against the Mavericks.
Duncan is having a resurgent season after a few years of waning production. The 36-year-old is averaging 17.5 points and 9.8 rebounds, his best numbers since 2009-10.
The Spurs have won six straight and are tied with Oklahoma City for the best record in the Western Conference.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN DALLAS
- adidas Youth San Antonio Spurs Chosen Black Shorts