Marcin Gortat's season likely done
The Suns say an MRI revealed a midfoot sprain to his right foot. Gortat will be sidelined three to four weeks, much of that time in a cast.
That timetable would mean Gortat might be back for a handful of games. But with the need for conditioning and the Suns out of playoff contention there is little urgency for a quick return.
The Polish center is averaging 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds. He has appeared in 182 consecutive games for Phoenix -- every game since he came to the Suns on Dec. 18, 2010.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Phoenix Suns Eric Bledsoe #2 Home White Replica Jersey