DeMarcus Cousins tech rescinded
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The NBA has rescinded one of DeMarcus Cousins' technical fouls, allowing Sacramento's leading scorer to play Monday night at Oklahoma City instead of serving an automatic one-game suspension.
Cousins had picked up his 16th technical foul of the season Sunday night at Houston. Normally, a player with 16 technical fouls in a season is suspended for the next game.
Coach Keith Smart says he got a call from NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson to inform him that Cousins would be eligible to play.
Cousins also was in jeopardy of being suspended for a game at Oklahoma City last April before having a technical foul rescinded by the league.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Sacramento Kings DeMarcus Cousins #15 Purple Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey