Pelicans unveil new uniforms
METAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Pelicans now have uniforms to go with a new team name, emblems and color scheme the NBA franchise released earlier this year.
The club, which competed as the Hornets last season, unveiled new uniforms Thursday on new practice courts built alongside the headquarters of the NFL's Saints in suburban New Orleans.
The home uniforms are white with gold and red trim, with "New Orleans" written in navy blue across the front, along with blue numbers.
The road uniforms are navy blue with the same trim, but with lettering and numbers in white.
The club's primary logo, with a basketball tucked under a soaring pelican's beak, appears on the sides of the shorts.
Forward Anthony Davis says he's eager to wear the uniform in games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Player can keep $20K from half-court shot
- Granger eyes Friday return after long layoff
- Bulls' Deng to miss second straight game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Kids' New Orleans Pelicans Primary Logo Navy Long Sleeve Shirt