LaMarcus Aldridge day to day
PORTLAND, Ore. -- All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge has a hip flexor strain and is day to day.
The 6-foot-11 Aldridge sustained the injury during Wednesday night's practice and did not participate in practice on Thursday. His return is uncertain.
The Blazers opened training camp on Tuesday in preparation for the coming season.
Aldridge, a seven-year NBA veteran who was named an All-Star for the second straight year, averaged 21.1 points and 9.1 rebounds per game last season.
The Blazers also say guard Will Barton sustained a concussion.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Portland Trail Blazers LaMarcus Aldridge #12 Black Gametime T-Shirt