Mag NBA preview: Pacers
This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's Oct. 28 NBA Preview. Subscribe today!
INDIANA'S D was so dominant last season -- a league-best DRtg (99.8) and opponent eFG% (45.3 percent) -- that it masked a mediocre offense, which ranked 19th in ORtg (104.3), 22nd in eFG% (47.9 percent) and 23rd in ppg (94.7). Enter C.J. Watson (48 percent from the corners), Luis Scola (47 percent from the center midrange) and Chris Copeland (42 percent from 3) to shore up the O. The Pacers are again primed to push the Heat to the brink. But there's still that little problem of some guy named LeBron.
Mag NBA previews: No. 4 Brooklyn Nets »
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
- LeBron has 24 as Heat breeze past Pistons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Pacers Paul George Replica Revolution 30 Navy Basketball Jersey