Danny Granger doubtful for opener
"There's a chance he could play on opening night, but it's probably unlikely," Vogel said, according to the Indianapolis Star. "He was on track to maybe have a role with the starting unit. Now, he's struggling to find his timing. We're running the offense through Lance (Stephenson) when he comes off the bench. We'll see where he's at on a day-by-day basis."
Granger hasn't played since injuring the calf against the Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 16.
Despite Granger being limited to five games last season due to a knee injury, the Pacers advanced to the Eastern Conference finals, where they lost in seven games to the eventual champion Miami Heat.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Biceps injury to sideline Cavs' Irving
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Indiana Pacers Baseline Navy Scoop Neck T-Shirt