Danny Granger doubtful for opener
"There's a chance he could play on opening night, but it's probably unlikely," Vogel said, according to the Indianapolis Star. "He was on track to maybe have a role with the starting unit. Now, he's struggling to find his timing. We're running the offense through Lance (Stephenson) when he comes off the bench. We'll see where he's at on a day-by-day basis."
Granger hasn't played since injuring the calf against the Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 16.
Despite Granger being limited to five games last season due to a knee injury, the Pacers advanced to the Eastern Conference finals, where they lost in seven games to the eventual champion Miami Heat.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Pacers climalite adiselect Navy Polo