Danny Granger doubtful for opener
"There's a chance he could play on opening night, but it's probably unlikely," Vogel said, according to the Indianapolis Star. "He was on track to maybe have a role with the starting unit. Now, he's struggling to find his timing. We're running the offense through Lance (Stephenson) when he comes off the bench. We'll see where he's at on a day-by-day basis."
Granger hasn't played since injuring the calf against the Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 16.
Despite Granger being limited to five games last season due to a knee injury, the Pacers advanced to the Eastern Conference finals, where they lost in seven games to the eventual champion Miami Heat.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Sources: Clips close in on ex-Spur Jackson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Pacers Danny Granger #33 Gold Gametime T-Shirt