Dennis Schroder banned 1 game
The incident occurred early in the fourth quarter of Atlanta's 105-100 win Tuesday night as Schroder attempted to fight through a screen set by Cousins. No foul was called on the play.
Cousins took issue with the officials, suggesting he is being singled out by referees based on past on-court behavior that has led to multiple suspensions by the NBA and the Kings.
"I took a cheap shot to my lower area," Cousins told reporters after the game. "They [the refs] just blew it off. I guess because it was me. But as soon as something happens on the other end, because it's me, they run to the camera."
Later in the fourth quarter, Cousins was assessed a flagrant foul for shoving Al Horford. That call was downgraded to a personal foul, but Kings coach Mike Malone did wind up pulling Cousins from the game midway through the fourth quarter.
Schroder, the 17th pick in June's NBA draft, will miss Thursday night's game against the Denver Nuggets.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Melo out at Portland with lingering sore knee
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.