Gunshot wound likely celebratory
MIRAMAR, Fla. -- A teen watching NBA Finals postgame coverage in South Florida was hit by what police believe was celebratory gunfire.
The defending champs are trying to three-peat. The Heat Index.
Fifteen-year-old Brandon Reid says he was watching the Miami Heat celebrate their championship Thursday when a bullet came through his mother's sliding glass door and grazed his skull under the ear.
Reid told reporters Saturday that it felt like a rock hit him.
Police say they think the bullet came from celebratory gunfire prompted by the Heat's win. South Florida authorities routinely warn people about the dangers of firing into the air to celebrate holidays or other occasions.
Reid is from the Atlanta area and was visiting his mother in Miramar. His doctors say he'll make a full recovery.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
- Westbrook, streaking Thunder beat Grizzlies
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013 NBA FINALS
- Woodson fires back" name="Hanging On">
- adidas Youth Miami Heat LeBron James Replica Revolution 30 Black Basketball Jersey