College Basketball Bubble Watch
Win or go home time for several bubble teams
Welcome to the sudden-death portion of the program, during which numerous teams seem to have exhausted eight of their proverbial nine bubble lives and need extended winning streaks to find their way into the field of 65.
Step right up, Syracuse and Villanova, ye of the 7-9 Big East marks. Have a go, Oregon. You get the Arizona schools at home. Keep on keepin' on, Ole Miss. You got the first two of what has to be at least five in a row. Hey Saint Joseph's, Dayton and Rhode Island! The A-10 is there for the taking (until you play Xavier). If desperation is fun, at least for the fans, the next 10 days or so should be a blast.
In case you missed any of it, here is the biggest bubble news since the last update:
• Temple severely wounded Saint Joseph's hopes (and helped its own) with a one-point road win
• Clemson locked itself up and crippled Maryland with an epic second-half comeback on the road
• West Virginia came up huge at home against Pitt, greatly enhancing its chances
• Ohio State finally beat someone, taking down Purdue at home in OT
• New Mexico is in the mix in the MWC after topping UNLV at The Pit
In other news that might make you smile, it's time for the watch to go daily. Starting this Sunday, you can get your bubble fill every day until Selection Sunday.
As always, the records listed are Division I only, per NCAA Tournament selection guidelines. If you have a legitimate grievance or just like talking bubble, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Next update: Sunday, March 9.