Donovan apologizes, returns to Florida with 6-year deal
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Billy Donovan swallowed a gulp of water and then his pride.
He apologized Thursday to the Orlando Magic, his family and the Florida Gators for changing his mind about joining the NBA coaching ranks. Instead, he'll rejoin Florida with a new six-year contract worth $3.5 million per year.
"It was my decision to go to the Magic," Donovan said. "It was my mistake. And I have to take responsibility for that, which I'm trying to do."
Read full story
MAGIC MAN DISAPPEARS
Billy Donovan's tenure as the Magic coach lasted six days, and he knew he wanted out sooner than that. He becomes one of the highest profile examples of coaches flip-flopping.
• Donovan apologizes to Magic and Florida
• Donovan released from Magic contract
• Donovan waiting to hear from Magic
• Donovan has second thoughts
• Florida contacts Grant
• Magic introduce new coach
• Donovan takes Magic job
• Bilas: Donovan's unprofessional maneuver
• Forde: Donovan, Bryant dine at waffle house
• Hill: Curse of Shaq: Orlando jilted again
• Stein: What now for Orlando?
• Katz: Donovan's tough decision
• Forde: Is Donovan like all the others?
• Schlabach: Grant and the Gators
• Katz: Florida's future
• Schlabach: Donovan's contract
• Andy Katz