Men's Basketball Preview 2010-11
MORE FROM ESPN
- Adams: Mid-major primer for 2010-11 season
- Mark Adams has his mid-major primer for the season, complete with short conference breakdowns and predictions.
- O'Neil: What's hot (and not) for 2010-11
- What is hot (and not) about the 2010-11 season? Dana O'Neil has the answers.
- Gasaway: The most likely early upsets
- As the college basketball season begins in earnest, Top 25 teams like Georgetown and Duke need to be on their guards or risk being upset by a number of upstart squads.
- Katz: Must-see games for 2010-11 season
- The 2010-11 season is filled with great matchups. Here are some games you can't miss.
- Brennan: Toughest and easiest nonconference schedules
- Eamonn Brennan takes a look at the toughest and easiest nonconference schedules in college basketball.
- Lunardi Rundown: An early look at the 2011 tournament
- As a partner to 'Bracketology,' Joe Lunardi also offers his 'Rundown,' which goes into more depth on team profiles. In the first 2010-11 edition, he forecasts 'a new bubble' -- because of 68 teams -- and 19 new teams that could dance, including Arizona.
- Forde Minutes: College basketball is upon us again
- An ode to K, the season's biggest mysteries and 24 lists to get you primed for another season. Yes, The Minutes is back and ready to tip things off in style.
- Gasaway: Purdue isn't a top-10 team
- The coaches' and writers' polls disagree on how good Purdue will be this year, but John Gasaway argues that the writers' analysis is correct --- the Boilermakers just aren't close to the same team without Robbie Hummel.
- Gottlieb: 15 crazy things that could happen
- Doug Gottlieb lists 15 crazy things that could happen this season. The craziest may be that this season looks a lot like the last. Cuse may win the Big East, Duke may repeat, UCLA may miss the Dance ... familiar, eh?
- Brennan: Ranking the conferences for the 2010-11 season
- Eamonn Brennan takes a crack at ranking all 32 college basketball conferences, from the great to the not-so-great.
- Gottlieb: Top turnaround teams start in Carolina
- Doug Gottlieb takes a look at 10 teams that disappointed last season and are most likely to turn things around in 2010-11. Naturally, the Tar Heels are part of the equation, but the list goes all the way to the WCC.
- The Expendables
- When sanctions hit, walk-ons are the most affected. Mark Titus knows first-hand.
- Purdue's Popularity
- In his latest Poll Position, John Gasaway argues that coaches are overrating Purdue.
- Here To Stay
- Gordon Hayward left, but Butler won't be leaving the national stage anytime soon.
- Fisher King
- After playing second fiddle, Corey Fisher looks like the next great Villanova guard.
- To Yell Or Not To Yell?
- Why some combustible coaches help teams keep their cool -- and some do not.
MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL BLOGS
- Coach K calls Team USA 'ultimate honor'
- Florida F Yeguete has surgery on right knee
- SF Pinson commits to Tar Heels | Rankin
- Report: No Pitt for Vandy's Jeter | Brennan
- Pittsburgh highlights Legends Classic field
- Boeheim: Melo needs better cast | Brennan
- UConn reinstates Wolf after charges dropped
- Ex-Rutgers coach Rice receiving counseling
- Florida Intl. guard Smith transfers to Minnesota
- Black transfers to Kansas, can play right away
- Report: Coach K mulls U.S. return | Brennan
- Montana lands Washington transfer Breunig
- Washington's Wilcox undergoes foot surgery
BLUE RIBBON PREVIEWS
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg discuss the early entries for the 2013 NBA draft, their offseason top 25 and talk to Michigan State's Tom Izzo
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg discuss how Louisville was able to beat Michigan and become the NCAA champions.
Play Podcast Andy Katz gives his take why top recruit Andrew Wiggins chose to attend Kansas, talks about the Wiggins' skill set, says Wiggins has the type of talent to lead the Jayhawks to the Final Four and explains why he believes Wiggins would have been the top pick in this year's NBA draft if he were eligible.
Play Podcast Kansas coach Bill Self dishes on Andrew Wiggins' decision to join the Jayhawks, Wiggins' potential, the one-and-done rule and more.
Play Podcast Colin Cowherd reacts to Andrew Wiggins' announcement that he will be attending Kansas.