12:30 PM ET, March 19, 2009
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
PHILADELPHIA -- Bryan Davis drove to the basket, drew a foul and tossed the ball up over his head with his back to the net.
• For the second year in a row, Texas A&M defeated BYU in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
• Five Aggies scored in double figures led by Bryan Davis' season-high 21 points.
• Texas A&M connected on its first 10 shots of the game, on its way to a school NCAA tournament record 57.7 field goal percentage.
• BYU has now lost seven straight first-round games, including in each of the last three years.
• Jimmer Fredette led BYU with 18 points, but only one bench player scored for the Cougars.
-- ESPN research
Appearing on the Tirico & Van Pelt Show, Texas A&M head coach Mark Turgeon dished on the Aggies' hot start in their victory. Listen
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||30-52 (.577)||23-59 (.390)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-17 (.353)||7-16 (.438)|
|FT Made-Attempted||13-19 (.684)||13-18 (.722)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||15 (0/0)||20 (0/0)|
|» Mar 19, 2009||TA&M 79, @BYU 66||Recap|