9:30 PM ET, December 1, 2010
Cameron Indoor Stadium, Durham, North Carolina
• Duke freshman Kyrie Irvin scored 31 points -- 14 more than he had scored in his past six games.
• Duke had the edge at the free-throw line, taking 23 more shots than Michigan State.
• Michigan State falls to 5-2, the same record it had through 7 games last season.
• Duke improves to 11-1 all-time in ACC/Big Ten Challenge games, including 3-0 against Michigan St.
• Michigan State committed 20 turnovers in a game for the third time this season, one fewer than all of last season.
DURHAM, NC - DECEMBER 01: The Michigan State Spartans take on the Duke Blue at Cameron Indoor Stadium on December...(Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||31-63 (.492)||25-53 (.472)|
|3P Made-Attempted||9-17 (.529)||7-16 (.438)|
|FT Made-Attempted||8-15 (.533)||27-38 (.711)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||25 (0/0)||16 (0/0)|
|» Dec 1, 2010||@DUKE 84, MSU 79||Recap|
Next 5 Games
Kyrie Irving's 31 points are tied for the 2nd most by a freshman in Duke history. Irving connected on 13 free throws, a Duke freshman record. It was just the 4th 30-point performance by a freshman in Duke history. J.J. Redick holds the school's freshman record with a 34-point performance against Virginia in 2002-03.[+]
Most Points by a Freshman, Duke History
ESPN Stats & Information