8:30 PM ET, January 19, 2011
Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, Indiana
JaJuan Johnson's late jumper gives Purdue win over pesky Penn State
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- JaJuan Johnson took a critical step in becoming a complete player Wednesday night.His effortless jumper with 3 seconds left gave Purdue (No. 13 ESPN/USA Today, No. 14 AP) a 63-62 victory over Penn State.
• JaJuan Johnson led all scorers with 25 points. It was his seventh game this season with 25 or more points. Purdue is 5-2 in those games.
• Talor Battle had 14 points, the 16th straight game against a Top 25 opponent that Battle's scored in double digits.
• The Nittany Lions got no points from their bench and only one shot attempt from a player outside the starting five.
• Johnson and E'Twaun Moore combined for 41 of the the Boilermakers' 63 points.
• The Boilermakers improved to 80-12 on their home floor under Matt Painter.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||24-46 (.522)||24-54 (.444)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-16 (.375)||6-15 (.400)|
|FT Made-Attempted||8-8 (1.000)||9-10 (.900)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||13 (0/0)||13 (0/0)|