4:00 PM ET, January 22, 2011
Lawrence Joel Coliseum, Winston-salem, North Carolina
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Ryan Kelly likes to say he thinks he can make every shot he takes. Once again, he was right.Kelly scored a career-high 20 points, hitting all six shots he tried in Duke's 83-59 rout of Wake Forest on Saturday."It's not going to be every game where I go 6 for 6 ... but I'm confident in my shot," Kelly said. "Every day, come to work, be hungry and good things will happen."
• In the most-played series in the ACC (235 meetings), Duke has now won three straight meetings with Wake Forest and snapped a two-game losing streak in Winston-Salem.
• Duke is 18-1 for the third time in the past five seasons and the 11th time in school history.
• Ryan Kelly had a perfect 6-for-6 night (4 for 4 from 3) to finish with a career-high 20 points. He had never scored more than 13 in a game.
• Nolan Smith took more shots (22) than Wake Forest made (21).
• Not only is Wake Forest 0-5 in ACC play, it's lost those five games by an average of 25.6 points. The Demon Deacons are 1-9 in their last 10 games.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-61 (.426)||21-55 (.382)|
|3P Made-Attempted||9-26 (.346)||7-16 (.438)|
|FT Made-Attempted||22-26 (.846)||10-14 (.714)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||16 (0/0)||19 (0/0)|
|» Jan 22, 2011||DUKE 83, @WAKE 59||Recap|
Next 5 Games
ACC Conference Standings
Kyle Singler scored 24 points against Wake Forest, his 113th career game with at least 10+ points. He is one shy of tying Jon Scheyer for the 5th-most double-figure games in Duke history.[+]
Most Games with 10+ Points
ESPN Stats & Information