4:00 PM ET, February 12, 2011
Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence, Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. -- In a victory that might nudge Kansas from No. 2 to No. 1, twin brothers came within one basket of twin stats.Marcus Morris had 16 points and 11 rebounds as the Jayhawks piled up a big early lead and cruised past Iowa State 89-66 on Saturday, just hours after No. 1 Ohio State lost. The 6-foot-9 Markieff Morris, one inch taller and 7 minutes older, had 14 points and 11 rebounds for his Big 12-leading ninth double-double.
• The Morris brothers each recorded double-doubles as Markieff had 14 points and 10 rebounds and Marcus 16 points, 11 rebounds.
• It's the fourth time this season the brothers have had double-doubles in the same game, and they've done it in both games against Iowa State.
• The Jayhawks have won their past five games by double digits. Four of them have been by at least 20 points.
• Kansas has won 24 games for the fifth straight season. The Jayhawks have won 12 straight against the Cyclones.
• Iowa State has lost seven straight, its longest losing streak since dropping eight straight during the 2001-02 season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||25-67 (.373)||33-64 (.516)|
|3P Made-Attempted||14-32 (.438)||9-27 (.333)|
|FT Made-Attempted||2-2 (1.000)||14-18 (.778)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||12 (0/0)||7 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Big 12 Conference Standings
On January 22nd, Texas went to Kansas and snapped the Jayhawks 69-game home winning streak. Since then, both teams have been on fire. Kansas has bounced back to win six straight by an average of more than 18 points per game while the Longhorns just keep rolling, with Saturday marking their 10th straight win.[+]
Running Away From The Pack - Since January 22
ESPN Stats & Information