4:00 PM ET, February 26, 2011
Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, California
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA struggled all season to put two solid halves together. The Bruins waited until their last game at historic Pauley Pavilion to do it, helped by a last basket that John Wooden surely had an assist.Reeves Nelson had a career-high 27 points and 16 rebounds, and the Bruins defeated No. 10 Arizona 71-49 on Saturday to tie the Wildcats for first place in the Pac-10 in the last men's game played in the arena before it closes for renovation.
• UCLA held Arizona to 31.5 percent shooting from the field and got a career-high 27 points from Reeves Nelson in the win.
• Arizona was held under 50 points for just the fourth time in the past 15 seasons, and the first time since Dec. 12, 2009 at San Diego State.
• The Bruins extended their home win streak to eight games and are now 16-2 at home this season.
• UCLA has won two straight games against ranked opponents. The other came on Dec. 18 against BYU, then ranked No. 16.
• The Wildcats suffered their worst loss to an unranked opponent since losing to California 95-71 on Feb. 25, 2010.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||17-54 (.315)||28-53 (.528)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-19 (.211)||2-11 (.182)|
|FT Made-Attempted||11-17 (.647)||13-17 (.765)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||14 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Pac-12 Conference Standings
For just the 4th time in the last 15 seasons, Arizona was held under 50 points. The Wildcats lost to UCLA today, 71-49.[+]
Fewest Points In a Game - Arizona, Last 15 Seasons
ESPN Stats & Information