4:00 PM ET, February 26, 2011
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Darius Miller's career-best 24 points helps No. 22 Kentucky past No. 13 Florida
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Darius Miller let the 3-pointer fly from the top of the key. When it splashed through the net to clinch Kentucky's biggest victory of the season, the normally reserved forward turned and briefly stuck his tongue out in celebration.Saving a season sure tasted sweet.Miller scored a career-high 24 points and the 22nd-ranked Wildcats surged past No. 13 Florida 76-68 on Saturday, the kind of confidence-boosting victory Kentucky desperately needed following another late-game road meltdown against Arkansas on Wednesday that left coach John Calipari questioning his team's toughness.
• Darius Miller scored a career-high 24 points to lead Kentucky to its 33rd straight home win. Miller also added five rebounds and three blocks.
• Kentucky equaled the school record for consecutive wins at Rupp Arena, set from 1992-94.
• Kenny Boynton led the Gators with 21 points and went 5 for 9 from 3-point range. The rest of the team went 3 for 10.
• The win was Kentucky's 20th of the year and clinched at least a .500 record in SEC play.
• Kentucky shot 51.7 percent from the field.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||25-56 (.446)||30-58 (.517)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-19 (.421)||7-14 (.500)|
|FT Made-Attempted||10-13 (.769)||9-15 (.600)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||21 (0/0)||14 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Southeastern Conference Standings
Kentucky is an entirely different team at Rupp. They have won 33 straight in Lexington, the 2nd longest active streak in the nation. They are 14-0 at home this season, winning by an average of nearly 23 per game. The Wildcats are just 3-7 on the road, scoring nearly 10 fewer points per game.[+]
Kentucky Wildcats - This Season
Kentucky has won 33 straight home games, tied for the 3rd-longest streak in school history and also tied for the longest at Rupp Arena (opened in 1976).[+]
Longest Home Win Streaks
ESPN Stats & Information