3:00 PM ET, March 10, 2011
Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- When Colorado waltzed in and beat nationally ranked Kansas State two months ago, ending a nine-game losing streak to the Wildcats, Cory Higgins sounded a warning."It's a whole new Colorado," the senior said.Indeed, it is.Higgins scored 28 points, Alec Burks added 24 and the Buffaloes made it three in a row over Kansas State on Thursday, ousting the Wildcats (No. 23 ESPN/USA Today, No. 19 AP) 87-75 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament.
• The Buffaloes beat the Wildcats for the third time this season and won for the sixth time in the last eight games.
• Colorado posted its sixth win over an RPI top 50 team this season.
• The loss snapped Kansas State's six-game winning streak.
• Cory Higgins (28) and Alec Burks (24) combined for 52 of Colorado's 87 points.
• The Buffaloes shot 58 percent from the field, hit 6 of 9 3s and made 23 of 27 from the line. The only other team this season to shoot at least 58 percent from the field, 66.7 percent from 3-point range and 85 percent from the line was Syracuse against DePaul last week.
• Colorado advanced to the semifinals of the Big 12 tournament for the first time.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Big 12 Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||29-50 (.580)||28-66 (.424)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-9 (.667)||7-23 (.304)|
|FT Made-Attempted||23-27 (.852)||12-16 (.750)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||20 (0/0)|