3:05 PM ET, March 17, 2011
Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa, FL
Brandon Knight's only basket lifts Kentucky past Princeton in final seconds
TAMPA, Fla. -- Brandon Knight missed his first seven shots and even found himself on the bench in the final minute against Princeton.His confidence could have been shaken. His ego could have been bruised. After all, he was a freshman playing in his first NCAA tournament game.Then again, Knight's no ordinary newcomer.
• Brandon Knight scored his only points of the game on a driving layup with 2 seconds left to give Kentucky the win and its smallest margin of victory in the round of 64.
• Kentucky tied North Carolina with 102 wins in the NCAA tournament, the most all-time.
• Before making the winning shot, Knight was 0 for 7 from the floor. His previous career low in scoring was six points in a loss to Connecticut earlier this year.
• Kentucky's Darius Miller scored a game-high 17 points, his 10th straight double-digit game. Josh Harrellson posted his seventh double-double of the season (15 points, 10 rebounds), his second in his past three games.
• Princeton is 13-28 in NCAA tournament games.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||24-52 (.462)||24-47 (.511)|
|3P Made-Attempted||3-14 (.214)||5-11 (.455)|
|FT Made-Attempted||6-7 (.857)||6-11 (.545)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||11 (0/0)||8 (0/0)|
|» Mar 17, 2011||@UK 59, PRIN 57||Recap|
John Calipari is now 12-1 (.923) in Round of 64 games, the 4th best record in Round of 64 games by a coach (min. 10 games). He passed Mike Krzyzewski, who can tie him with a Duke win Friday vs Hampton.[+]
Best Win Pct by Coach
ESPN Stats & Information