6:10 PM ET, March 19, 2011
McKale Center, Tucson, Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- San Diego State couldn't shoot straight most of the night and turned ball over at the worst of times.Then, a final burst of magnificent athleticism allowed the Aztecs to survive and play again.Billy White had 16 points and 13 rebounds, and Kawhi Leonard sealed San Diego State's exhausting, 71-64 double-overtime victory against Temple with a steal and a slam dunk in a third-round NCAA tournament thriller on Saturday.
• Two days after winning their first NCAA tournament game in school history, the Aztecs got their second win and advanced to the Sweet 16.
• San Diego State has now won seven straight and 14 of its past 15 games overall.
• The 135 combined points scored is the fewest by two teams in a double-OT (or more) tournament game since the shot clock was introduced in 1986.
• Billy White had his third double-double of the season with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
• Temple was 1 of 8 from the field and scored just three points in the second overtime.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||25-66 (.379)||28-65 (.431)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-14 (.429)||6-11 (.545)|
|FT Made-Attempted||8-11 (.727)||9-9 (1.000)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||15 (0/0)||14 (0/0)|
|» Mar 19, 2011||@SDSU 71, TEM 64||Recap|
The 135 combined points scored by San Diego State and Temple is the fewest scored by two teams in a Men's Basketball Championship DOUBLE OT (or more) game in the shot clock era (since 1985-86 season). It is also the 3rd-fewest combined points in a DOUBLE OT (or more game in Men's Basketball Championship history (any year).
ESPN Stats & Information