6:10 PM ET, March 20, 2011
Bank of Oklahoma Center, Tulsa, OK
TULSA, Okla. -- Derrick Williams is now 2-for-2 in game-saving plays in the NCAA tournament.The Arizona sophomore and Pac-10 player of the year made his second in as many tournament games Sunday night, completing a three-point play with 9.6 seconds remaining to lift the Wildcats to a 70-69 win over Texas.
• Arizona advanced to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2009 and 13th time in school history.
• Sean Miller became just the second Arizona coach to lead his team to the Sweet 16.
• Derrick Williams led the Wildcats with a team-high 17 points (14 in the second half) and Solomon Hill finished with 16 points despite averaging just 7.8 points per game.
• J'Covan Brown came off the bench to lead Texas with 23 points, which tied a season-high.
• The Longhorns, who ranked second in the Big 12 in 3-point shooting (37.8), struggled from 3, going just 3 of 11 (27.3 percent).
-- ESPN Stats & Information
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||24-54 (.444)||24-53 (.453)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-14 (.571)||3-11 (.273)|
|FT Made-Attempted||14-22 (.636)||18-22 (.818)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||20 (0/0)||17 (0/0)|
|» Mar 20, 2011||ARIZ 70, @TEX 69||Recap|