9:54 PM ET, March 25, 2011
Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
NEWARK, N.J. -- Brandon Knight did it again.So did Ohio State.The Kentucky freshman guard added to the Buckeyes' March misery by knocking down his second winner of the postseason, a 15-footer with 5 seconds left to lift the Wildcats to a 62-60 victory on Friday in the East regional semifinals.
• Brandon Knight hit the winning jumper with 5.4 seconds left.
• Kentucky reached the Elite Eight for the second straight year, joining Butler as the only teams to repeat. It is the 17th Elite Eight for Kentucky, second all-time behind North Carolina's 18.
• The Wildcats beat Ohio State for the first time in six NCAA tournament meetings.
• Kentucky advances to play North Carolina, and the Wildcats are 0-2 against the Tar Heels in the tournament, losing twice in the Elite Eight.
• Jared Sullinger had 21 points and 16 rebounds, making him the only Buckeye with a 20-15 tournament game in the last 15 years.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||22-48 (.458)||19-58 (.328)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-17 (.353)||6-16 (.375)|
|FT Made-Attempted||12-14 (.857)||16-22 (.727)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||14 (0/0)|
|» Mar 25, 2011||UK 62, @OSU 60||Recap|
Of the 8 teams that have been a number-one overall seed in the Men's Basketball Championship, only 2007 Florida has won the title. Ohio State is the 4th of those 8 teams to be eliminated in the Sweet 16 or sooner.[+]
Overall No. 1 Seed in Men's Basketball Championship
ESPN Stats & Information