Bowl may move in wake of Hurricane Katrina
NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Bowl may have a bit more Cajun flavor this year.
With the Superdome awaiting massive repairs and New Orleans projected to be cleaning up from Hurricane Katrina for months, the December bowl may move to Lafayette, La., said executive director Billy Ferrante of the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation.
"We have had some very preliminary talks with the folks at Louisiana-Lafayette and our first choice is to keep the game in Louisiana," he said. "Hopefully ...
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina