Young turns in performance as big as Texas
PASADENA, Calif. -- Vince Young did more Wednesday night than slay the USC dragon, more than deliver a 467-yard rebuttal to the Heisman voters, and even more than single-handedly carry the Texas Longhorns to the school's first national championship in 35 years.
With the dramatic 41-38 victory in the BCS Championship Game, Young made himself into a genuine Texas hero. From El Paso to Tyler, from Amarillo to Harlingen, from the Big Bend to Big D: No matter where the town, Young is the toast ...
Read full story
COMING UP ROSES
• Texas denies USC three-peat bid
• Forde: Holy Mack-erel
• Maisel: Vincent classic
• Wojciechowski: History lesson
• Feldman: No doubt
• Maisel: UT basks in title glow
• Kiper: Young No. 1?
• Schad: Life after the bowl
• Feldman: So wrong
• Forde: Top 25 for '06
• Wheaties to feature Longhorns
• All-time No. 1 vs. No. 2
• Bush, White fall just short of history
• Leinart's near-perfect second half not enough
• Highest ratings since '87
• UT students celebrate championship
• President congratulates Brown
• Longhorns will be on Wheaties cover
• Title celebration scheduled for Sunday