Coker fired by Miami after .500 season
Miami fired football coach Larry Coker on Friday, a day after the Hurricanes beat No. 18 Boston College 17-14 to salvage a 6-6 season to become eligible to play in a postseason bowl game.
Coker was informed of the decision by athletics director Paul Dee early Friday. Coker has three years remaining on a contract that pays him nearly $2 million annually, and the school will owe him between $2.4 million and $3 million in a buyout.
"The university has made a decision to ...
Read full story
Larry Coker Fired at Miami
• Coker fired at Miami
• Schiano first in line, says Canes official
• Schiano: Rutgers 'is where I want to be'
• President Donna Shalala's statement
• Schlabach: Canes, Coker at crossroads
• Miami guaranteed a bowl bid
• Schad blog from Miami
• Miami beats Boston College 17-14
• College football coaching changes
• Miami athletics director Paul Dee
• Larry Coker after getting the news