Notre Dame has a BCS shot
How the Irish could post 10 wins and get to a BCS bowl this season
To win 10 games and a major bowl is one definition of elite success for a college football program.
If that bar is used to measure the Notre Dame Fighting Irish program, the Golden Domers come up quite short. The last time they achieved both of those goals was 1993, and they have tallied only two campaigns with 10 wins since then, both of which ended with a loss in a bowl game.
At the outset of the 2012 season, it certainly looked like 10 wins and a possible BCS bowl berth were unachievable goals for the Irish, especially given their brutal schedule.
It is only two weeks into the season, but after looking at some game tape and metrics and reassessing the schedule strength issue, it looks like 10 wins and a BCS bowl berth could very well be in Notre Dame's future this year.
To read why Notre Dame is in a good position to win 10 games and reach a BCS bowl, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
• Joyner: Prospects set for breakout seasons
• Haney: Prospects who can elevate programs
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation