Projecting BCS bowl matchups
Notre Dame is in BCS title game, plus next teams in line for each bid
The losses of the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the BCS standings (Kansas State and Oregon) this weekend significantly changed my BCS bowl projections and lists of the next teams in line for each bid. We'll start off with the BCS Championship Game this week, looking at the scenarios that need to play out for each of the national title contenders to make it into the game.
Discover BCS National Championship Game
Next up for BCS No. 1 and No. 2 spots: Georgia, Florida, Oregon, Kansas State
For Alabama, Georgia and Notre Dame, the path to a national championship game berth is simple: Win your remaining games. For Bama, that means beating an overmatched Auburn team and then defeating Georgia in the SEC title game; for Georgia, it means defeating Georgia Tech and then taking down the Crimson Tide; and for Notre Dame, it means beating USC on the road on Saturday.
For the teams next in line, earning a title game berth isn't as simple. Here's what each team needs:
To see BCS expert Brad Edwards' take on which teams are in line to grab BCS bids, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Insider CFB content
Expert Takes• Kiper: Top prospects for 2014, by position
• Haney: CFB's top 10 teams based on talent
• Kiper: Top QB prospects for 2014 | RBs | WRs
• Haney: Make-or-break QB prospect scenarios
• Joyner: Prospects set for breakout seasons
• Haney: Prospects who can elevate programs
Post-spring projections• Pac-12: Oregon, Stanford, USC on top
• ACC: Can Clemson win the league title?
• SEC: Bama, South Carolina early favorites
• Big Ten: Surprise winner in Legends
• Big 12: Two-team race for first place
RecruitingNation• Michigan No. 1 in 2014 class rankings
• Luginbill: Answering mailbag questions
• Crabtree: Urban recruits popular draft picks
• Notre Dame, Boise State trending up
• Recruiting updates for Pac-12 teams
• Recruiting updates for Big Ten teams
• Recruiting updates for SEC teams
• Recruiting updates for ACC teams
• Recruiting updates for Big East teams
• Recruiting updates for Big 12 teams
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Travis Haney's blog
Analysis and buzz from around the nation