Cardinal cut into UConn's invincibility
STANFORD, Calif. -- Kayla Pedersen didn't have Cardinal red as her nail polish choice for this very important week of her senior season at Stanford. Instead, she was sporting a dark, sparkling blue.
"I realized it was UConn and Xavier's color after I did it," Pedersen said, laughing.
Was it perhaps a subconscious effort to psych herself up for Stanford facing the No. 4 and No. 1 teams back to back Tuesday and Thursday? Uh, no, that wasn't the reason.
Read full story
Stanford Stops UConn Streak
Stanford was the last team to beat UConn. It's now the latest, as the No. 8 Cardinal snapped the top-ranked Huskies' 90-game streak with Thursday's 71-59 victory at Maples Pavilion.
Stories• Voepel: Stanford outplays UConn in 71-59 win
• Stanford ends historic 90-game streak
• espnW: Mixed emotions as UConn streak ends
• UConn's streak by the numbers
• Memorable UConn wins along the way to 90
Video• SportsCenter Highlight of the Night
• Tara VanDerveer: Pohlen is 'glue to team'
• Geno Auriemma: 'Give credit to Stanford'
• Rebecca Lobo: UConn will learn from loss
• Defensive focus was the key for Stanford