Brandon Coleman to declare for draft
PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Rutgers redshirt junior wide receiver Brandon Coleman will forego his final year of eligibility and enter the NFL draft.
The school made the announcement on Saturday. He'll play his final game as a Scarlet Knight in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl against Notre Dame on Dec. 28.
Considered one of the nation's top receivers entering this season, Coleman finished the regular season with 32 catches for 473 yards and three touchdowns.
The 6-foot-6 Coleman is second in school history with 19 career receiving touchdowns. In 38 career games and 26 starts at wide receiver, he has 92 career receptions for 1,743 yards.
Coleman is a two-time conference all-academic team selection and is one semester away from earning his degree.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
- Full 4ce
- The Knicks captured their fourth straight win with a victory over the Sixers.
- J.R.: Phil Makes 'Bockers Better
- J.R. Smith said the Knicks can learn from Phil Jackson.
- Truth Hurts
- Paul Pierce's latest big shot sinks the Atlantic-leading Raptors in Brooklyn.
- Later, Holmes
- The Jets released often-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes on Monday.
- Sorry, Mai!
- We sat down with Masahiro Tanaka for a Q&A. Did we upset his wife?
- Nike Men's Rutgers Scarlet Knights Coaches Performance Scarlet Polo
MORE NFL HEADLINES