Inside the Matchups: Yanks vs. Mets
We go position-by-position to stack up this weekend's Subway Series in the Bronx
The Subway Series has more buzz than expected -- thanks mostly to the Mets' surprisingly good start. But who has the better team? The better third baseman? Center fielder? Manager?
Let's see who comes out on top when the games are played on
paperpixels. Here is a look at the position-by-position matchups in this weekend's interborough battle between the New York Yankees and New York Mets:First Base
Raul Ibanez vs. Jason BayIbanez has been as good as the Yankees could have hoped for. He is the lefty DH, while Bay, just off the DL, might be the DH for the weekend. Ibanez is better than anyone the Mets could put out there.
Joe Girardi vs. Terry CollinsThey are both good managers, but Collins is getting more out of his club. Plus, he gets points for being more entertaining, with his willingness to give the media and the fans the straight story about what is going on with his team.
Our final tally has it Yankees 7, Mets 7, but we can't go with a no-decision. So who has the advantage right now? The Yankees are the better team and much more likely to be playing in October. While the Mets have shown all season they can be feisty in these matchups, the Bombers have a little too much talent.
- Inside Job
- If Phil Jackson fulfills the Knicks' needs, he must do so from Manhattan.
- King Among Kings
- Marcus Thornton had himself a night versus his ex-team, helping dethrone the Kings.
- Long Live The King
- The Rangers demolished the Red Wings, improving their playoff position.
- Gotta Go, Cro
- Antonio Cromartie's stint with the Jets has ended after one of his worst seasons.
- Spring Fever
- We take the Yanks' temperature after what has been a healthy camp.
- GameWear New York Yankees Team-Colored Frozen Rope Necklace
MORE MLB HEADLINES