Hillsborough County State Attorney spokesman Mark Cox says Pineda entered the plea Wednesday in a Tampa courtroom.
Pineda was arrested and charged with DUI in Tampa on Aug. 20 last year.
Cox says a judge ordered that Pineda serve 50 hours community service, up to one year of probation, attend DUI school and pay a $500 fine.
The 24-year-old Pineda missed all of 2012 with a shoulder injury, and he's expected to be out until at least June of this year as he recovers.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
- All About The Benjamins?
- If Carmelo Anthony stays in New York, he should admit that it's about the money.
- Tanaka Taken Deep
- Masahiro Tanaka, making his first spring start, allowed his first home run.
- Getting It Wright
- David Wright says he feels more prepared now than he has in recent spring trainings.
- Blue Streak
- The newest Ranger hasn't had much time to reflect on the past 24 hours.
- 'We Deserve Better'
- A group of fed up Knicks fans plan to protest before a game on March 19.